Greek yogurt is one of my favourite ingredients to use, since it is so versatile and healthy. It is essentially yogurt with the whey skimmed off, making it thicker and creamier than regular yogurt, while retaining the taste of regular yogurt. Used in a wide variety of sweet and savoury preparations right from smoothies, dips, desserts, sandwich spreads to icecreams, this ingredient is one to watch out for!
Here is a recipe that uses Greek yogurt with fresh seasonal peaches. The granola, seeds, and chia seeds make for an excellent textural foil to the smooth creamy yogurt. Perfect as a healthy dessert or as a filling breakfast!
- 10 or 15 gm chia or basil seeds, soaked in water till they gel up
- 100 gm Greek yoghurt plain, whisked
- 100 gm Greek yoghurt, flavoured ( I used blueberry Greek yoghurt)
- 2 peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 peach peeled and sliced
- 50 gm Granola
- 10 ml honey
- 5 gm pumpkin/sunflower seeds to garnish
- 5 ml honey to garnish
- Drain excess water from chia or basil seeds. Mix them with the flavoured yoghurt and blend well.
- Line few peach slices at the inside of a parfait glass.
- Mix chopped peaches,10ml honey and plain Greek yoghurt.
- Layer chia yoghurt mixture to the bottom of the parfait glass.
- Sprinkle half granola on the chia yoghurt mixture.
- Top it with the peach yoghurt mixture.
- Garnish the yoghurt parfait with seeds, remaining granola and a drizzle of honey.