Here is another favourite : my vegan guilt-free yet indulgent chocolate
smoothie recipe. Mix chocolate, coconut, almond, oats and loads of other healthy fill-ins and you’ve got yourself a winner of a breakfast or dessert option!
- 200ml almond or thick coconut milk, chilled
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate preferably unsweetened, melted
- 1 or 2 tbsp cacao powder (cocoa)
- 1 tbsp hemp protein (optional, you can replace this with 1 tbsp almond
- 1 tbsp oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 banana, frozen
- 8/9 dates, seedless
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Toppings of choice: I used chia, sunflower, watermelon and pumpkin
seeds, walnuts, chopped fresh dates and dark chocolate chipsPROCEDURE:1. Blend all ingredients, except toppings in a NutriBullet or mixer.
2. Pour the prepared smoothie in a bowl.
3. Garnish with toppings of your choice.
4. Best enjoyed chilled.