The Indian winter is truly a season of feasting – the best produce and the most elaborate celebratory recipes! To make the most of fresh carrots this season – here is the classic carrot halwa recipe with a twist – I have used jaggery powder instead of refined sugar for an earthy, nutty taste. Do try it out and tell me what you think!
- 40 gm ghee
- 1⁄2 tsp cardamom powder
- 400 gm red carrots ,grated finely
- 100 gm jaggery powder
- 10 gm pistachios, shredded
- 20 gm cashewnut, chopped
- 100 gm mawa
- Heat ghee in a shallow pan. Add cardamom powder and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add carrots and stir fry to gently coat with ghee.Mix in jaggery and cook carrots till water evaporates.
- Keep stirring all the while. Add dry fruits and stir fry.
- Blend in crumbled mawa into the halwa and cook till it’s absorbed and well incorporated.
- The halwa should be slightly moist.Serve hot sprinkled with dry fruits and crumbled mawa.